At the Cumascaigh School of Irish Dance, all classes are taught by a TCRG. We take children from 4-17 years at all levels of dancing (Beginners-Open Championships).
Dancers can start to learn the art of Irish Dancing at ANY age and we welcome students of all levels. We do take transfer students.
- Lil’ Shamrocks: 4 year old class focused on rhythm basics, body control and Irish dancing basics. This class is FULL of energy and lots of fun!
- Open Beginners: ages 5-10/10 and up: learn the basics of Irish dancing and get exposed to all the genres of traditional dance and music.
- Advanced Beginner: builds on everything learned the first year, and with the teacher’s permission, beginner hard shoes.
- Novice/Prizewinner (Competition Status)
- Preliminary/Open Championships (Competition Status)
- Performance Troupe/Ceili Team
Even if your child never wants to compete, there are still plenty of opportunities to SHINE! There are many opportunities for your child to perform throughout the year and show off their talents!
Please contact us to find out what class is appropriate for your child.
The Cumascaigh School offers adult beginner classes, ceili groups as well as a performance/competition class. Our adult classes are packed with fun and energetic folks who have a passion for learning traditional dancing, making friends and having a blast! But rest assured, when you walk out of this class–you will know how to dance the basic traditional Irish dances. All ages and fitness levels are welcome!
6:00pm: Advanced Beginners/Novice
7:15-9:15pm: Prelim/Open Champs
5:30pm: Advanced Beginner
6:30-8:30pm: Rising PW/Champs
7:00-9:00pm: Rising Prizewinner/Champs
WILLIAMSBURG, VA STUDIO ADDRESS
Eastern Virginia School of the Performing Arts
1915 Pocahontas Trail
YORKTOWN, VA STUDIO ADDRESS
Country Bootleggers Dance Studio
7201 George Washington Memorial Highway